Friday, June 8, 2012

Day Eight

The other summer staff and I have been carpooling together to the BCIRT and at nine o'clock when we met in the lobby, we were all smiles. You know you had a good day at work when everyone leaves smiling at the end of the day.

A Slow Start

I wasn't exactly sure how the day would go since it got off to a rather bad start. While I was waiting for my ride, I dropped my less than six month old phone onto the concrete and shattered the screen. It still functions, but the screen is not so pretty. When we got to work there wasn't a lot to do, but time started to pass by quickly and by the time we got to see the boys we were already half way through with our day. 

Bananagrams

My coworker and I were asked to play bananagrams, a word game like scrabble and crosswords combined, by one of the youth so of course we obliged. I was surprised how good he was at the game! He was fast and he beat us both times we played. It was good to have some fun with the kids since up until that point we had mostly just been observing. We were then asked to help during med check, which simply insures that the boys are taking their nightly medicine. Then it was time for dinner. After a smooth dinner the boys had time for phone calls and showers while everyone else watched "The Karate Kid." Time went by really quickly yesterday and we didn't have any major issues. We were complimented once by our supervisor and once by another staff for handling the day so well. Before we knew it, it was time to go home for the night! I'm actually excited to get over there today to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment